Encourage the Expression of Your Full Potential
The reason I have created the ten pillars of vitality is because throughout my career as a health professional I have constantly heard the same confusion about how and what people should do to maintain vitality throughout their life. Not only are there so many different opinions, but also so many places to start that many become confused in the early stages and lose hope. These ten pillars of vitality are a shining light of clear and practical information that is a sure fire path to vitality and life success for everyone.
Although there is to some degree a ranking of importance, the ideal is that you start where your weakest link is because a team is only as good as its weakest player.
1. Oxygen: “There is one way of breathing that is shameful and constricted. Then, there’s another way: a breath of love that takes you all the way to infinity.” ~Rumi
We so often overlook the air we breathe and yet good quality ionised oxygen is the most powerful and readily abundant anti-oxidant (cell protection) that we know of on the planet. We can live for weeks without food, days without water, but restrict the body from oxygen and it will die in minutes.
Negative Influences: Pollution, radiation and other positive ion environments, shallow breathing, unconscious breath, mould, dust, high humidity, cities and modern homes.
Positive Influences: Deep breathing, pranayama, conscious breath, ionizers for the home environment, naturally powerful negative ion environments like forests, oceans, waterfalls and the air/atmosphere after rain.
Life Grows From Water
2. Water: “Chronic unintentional dehydration is the primary cause of pain & disease, including cancer in the human body” -Dr F. Batmanghelidj.
Water is the great transporter of life and its positive or negative state can be linked to virtually every disease in the human body. This is because the common water of today is lifeless and stripped of its natural minerals which cause most of it to pass through us without nourishing the dehydrated tissues and drawing away the acid waste products they secrete. To ensure we receive the complete re-hydration and acid stripping properties of water we must learn the full spectrum of what makes truly great water.
Negative Influences: Pesticides, pharmaceuticals, parasites, chlorine, fluoride, radiation and other positive ion environments, acidic water, excessively rich in minerals.
Positive Influences: Clean sacred spring water from high mountains, rain water, reverse osmosis filters with remineralisation, natural layered rock and sediment type filters with remineralisation, lime juice, alkaline water, bathing and hydrotherapy, positive energy influences.
Note: Pure water without minerals can still have beneficial uses for detoxification and a chelation effect but is not ideal for long term use as it is not as fully hydrating to the cells and can demineralise the body.
Your Energetic Body- courtesy of www.alexgrey.com
3. Energy: “The physical world is a reflection of energy vibrations from more subtle worlds that, in turn, are reflections of still more subtle energy fields. Creation, and all subsequent existence, is a progression downward and outward from the primordial source.” -Ervin Laszlo, Scientist and Editor for The Journal of General Evolution
Everything has an energy field. There are scales of energies just as there are scales of colours and music notes. Some things hold and store energy more so than other things. The more complex a molecule or organism is, the more complex its energy field will be. In the human body we have transformers of higher energies known as chakras which make up our emotional, mental and spirit body. We then have distributing power channels known as meridians which are the interface between our higher vibrational energetic bodies and our physical body.
Negative Influences: Radiation, microwaves, fridges, computers, alternating current, sub stations, certain lay lines and environments, negative thoughts, planetary movements.
Positive Influences: Schumann resonance, forests and trees, mountain tops, waterfalls, natural streams and springs, power spots, crystals, house plants, positive thoughts, planetary movements.
4. Movement & Exercise: “Bodies where there is no flow of energy in and out are dead. The only process in them is decay of matter.” -The Universal Teacher, Master Beinsa Douno
All life is flowing and changing from one form to another and true vitality plans facilitate this flow by ensuring that our channels of elimination are always open and flowing. Do your exercise regularly and encourage the proper flow of your mind, body and spirit. When performing movement activities it is important to remember the four “A”s: Alignment, Activity, Articulate and Awareness. If movement activities are performed with these four principles in mind then they will always be beneficial.
Negative Influences: Laziness, stress, blockage, stagnation, dehydration, low oxygen and shallow breathing, energy blocks, deficiency and excess.
Positive Influences: The four “A”s of movement, exercise, rebounders, skin brushing, abhyanga, hydrotherapy, mentally allowing release of the old.
Who is running you? and….
5. Control of the mind: “I am no longer cursed by the affliction of poverty, because I have taken possession of my own mind.” -Andrew Carnegie
“Choosing where to put our intention is the highest practice of intelligence.”
The mind is a truly powerful part of our body that can be harnessed to create vitality and manifest our ideal world. Its influence extends far beyond the body and radiates energetic fields that continually influence and shape our environment. The full potential of our mind is only realised when random thought is cleared away so that pure focused intention can effortlessly radiate without interruption.
Thirty seconds of clear and focused intention has the power to move worlds and create the life of our dreams.
Negative Influences: Overloaded RAM, excess stress, ignorance and suppression of emotions, no down time, lack of sleep, no exercise or movement, drugs, deficient essential fatty acids.
Positive Influences: Meditation, Quantum Accelerator, attention techniques, anchoring, sleep, mind herbs, essential fatty acids, rest, proper use of emotions and focused release.
What are you creating?
Agni, The Personification of our Transformative Force
6. Agni, The Transformative Force: “Agni is the main source of life and if you worship Agni, you will be blessed with perfect health.” -Dr Vasant Lad
Many traditional medicine systems say that our digestion is the root of all disease. In my opinion although it may not always be the root, it is certainly the crossroads and all disease can be treated here by changing the way in which we react to any of life’s influences.
Negative Influences: High Stress, SedentaryLifestyle, Excess Eating, Eating When Not Hungry, Improper Food Combinations, Congested Liver and Thick Bile, Dehydration, Eating after Dark, Excessive use of foods with heavy, sticky, cold and hard to digest qualities
Positive Influences: Pungent and Bitter Flavours, Only Eat When Hungry, Light Meal for Dinner, Acupressure on Stomach 36, Chewing, Light Qualities, Exercise, What could be great about this?
7. Whole Food Nutrition: “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” -Hippocrates (1642-1697, the forefather of European medicine)
Positive Influences: Eat as close to the natural as possible, whole grains, steaming, freshness, organic, boiled, raw, soaked, cold pressed, variety of nutrients and colours
Negative Influences: Highly processed, artificial colours or flavours, milled flours and breads, most cooked oils and deep fried foods.
8. Balance: “However great an evil immorality may be, we must not forget that it is not without its beneficial consequences. It is only through extremes that men can arrive at the middle path of wisdom and virtue.” -Wilhelm von Humboldt
The most important principle of long term health which abounds through all the pillars of vitality is the understanding that everything must ebb and flow like the natural processes of life. If these natural cycles are ignored then they will create excess or deficiency instead of sustained vitality.
Negative Influences: Stubbornness, ignorance, addiction, modern and out-of-season food, staying up late, excess toxicity, deficiency, excess fasting.
Positive Influences: Intuition, awareness, wisdom, natural cycles, waking at sunrise, sleeping at night, eating during daylight, tonifying during winter, detoxifying during summer, traditional medicine systems such as Ayurveda and Chinese.
9. Daily Routine: “An idea creates an action, an action creates a habit, a habit creates a character, and your character defines your life.”
To make anything realistic and practical in your life it must be able to fit into your daily or weekly routine otherwise it will eventually become one of those things that was just a good idea. Here is an example of a vitality building daily routine.
• Wake in the morning at or before sunrise and wash the face, drink energised water or balancing tea
• Perform dry skin brushing, abhyanga, exercise, meditation, sangkalpa, and then hydrotherapy
• Before eating breakfast focus the mind upon each ingredient with gratitude and awareness: “May it bring light to my mind, warmth to my heart and strength to my body.”- The Master Beinsa Douno (Enlightened esoteric teacher).
• Look at tasks for the day and project your ideal day
• Pick your mind state for the day and anchor it in
• Have lunch between 11am and 1pm
• Eat dinner before sunset
• Socialise with family and friends
• Take herbs, prepare energised water and things for the next day’s breakfast
• Review the day and rank productivity
• Rehash and release the day like a cool stream flowing through your mind
• Redefine your primary outcome and write the next day’s tasks
• Ask yourself: “What am I grateful for?”
• Take herbs
• Go to sleep before 9pm
Wisdom can light even your darkest hour
10. Educate Yourself: “There is only one good, knowledge. And one evil, ignorance.” – Socrates
The old adage “if you want something done right you have got to do it yourself,” extends through all aspects of life. This is not to say that you cannot use leverage and stand on the shoulders of the giants that have come before you, but nobody knows you like yourself. Learning about yourself and the world in which you live enables you to have more control and guide your own vitality and success. After all, “if you give a man a fish he will eat for a day, but if you teach a man to fish he will feed his whole family for a lifetime”.
“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.” Henry Ford
This article is based on the brief notes that go along with the workshop “Reawaken Energy and You”. If you are interested in the finer details of these topics or knowing how you could practically apply them to your life then please attend the workshop or sign up to the email feed at the top right of the page. I will later expand upon them.
To view the workshop dates and outline of “Reawaken Energy and You” please click on the link.
If you would like to book a consultation with me then you can fill out the enquiry form or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org